Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ideas to Spice Up Those Title Pages!


Who couldn't use some fresh ideas for their elearning title pages? You only get one chance to make that first impression, so why spoil it with static images and text on your title page?

I got these three ideas you're about to see while watching TV commercials. Come to think of it, I get a lot of ideas from the various presentation styles and effects used in everyday commercials so be on the lookout as you're watching TV.

Before covering the examples, let me explain that these examples are primarily for those using a PowerPoint rapid elearning tool. If you're a flash developer then you could easily create much more complex effects than you're about to see, however my goal here was to spice up those title pages using nothing but the tools and animation options provided within PowerPoint.

Click the image below to see the examples in action with narrated explanations. Don't ask me why, but even though I had my appropriate microphone peripherals in my bag, I used nothing but my built-in laptop microphone for this narration. I like to handcuff myself sometimes to see what I can do with limited resources. It could be better of course, but all things considered the sound is surprisingly not too bad.


If you're one of those people who like to get their hands dirty and disect things (No worries, I am too) the actual PowerPoint file(s) are available by clicking here. Download away!

Check out my previous post titled "Inspiration is everywhere, just look around" for additional ideas similar to these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whata ya think?