Friday, September 17, 2010

Creating a Rollover ToolTip in Articulate

For those that use Articulate Presenter you know it's not the easiest thing in the world to create rollover (mouse over) actions, in fact it's pretty much impossible unless you use an external source like Flash. Now it may seem odd to have an e-Learning blog pimp another e-Learning resource but I'm a big believer in not reinventing the wheel, and part of my goal with this site is to turn you on to e-Learning resources.

OK, on with the information. I was browing around the web (like I do on occasion) and stumbled across elearningEnhanced.com. This site provides a bunch of really kick-ass stuff, some free and some for nominal fees. While browsing around the site I found this Articulate Widget that makes it easy to create audio and/or text rollover tooltips in articulate presenter. The widget does cost $20 but that's pretty cheap for what you get here and if you work for a company (as opposed to yourself) I don't imagine it would be a problem getting approval for $20.

There's also a couple of nice Screenr videos that explain how to use it. Go check it out, and while you're there be sure to check out the free stuff elearningEnhanced.com has to offer.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Thanks for mentioning our site I am glad you found some useful stuff there.
    I wanted to mention that the Rollover tool was created by a member of our Community, Brian. We offer a way for folks who enjoy creating elearning widgets to put them on our site (for free or sell). Check back often as we add something about once a week.
    Thanks again for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello every one, here every one is sharing these kinds of experience,
    so it's nice to read this blog, and I used to pay a quick visit this website everyday.
    Also see my site :: lägenheter till salu i oba Alanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when folks come together and share ideas. Great site, keep it up!
    My web site - http://boligityrkia.net/eiendom-bodrum/

    ReplyDelete

Whata ya think?